Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Cleansing Tarot Decks

ELEMENTAL METHODS FOR CLEANSING A TAROT DECK

ETHER: SPIRIT ENERGY

Allow life force energy to cleanse the deck by holding the deck in your hands. You can also call on Spirit to work through you in the cleansing and charging of the deck.

Spirit energy to me is that feeling when I pick up a deck and it becomes active with energy - aligned with my higher self, my Guides and the person/animal I am reading for. 

FIRE: SMUDGING

Using incense or a smudging wand is a brilliant way to cleanse your space and tarot decks. Pass the deck through the smoke with the intention that the smoke is clearing and purifying your deck. Frankincense and Sage are good to use for this purpose.

AIR: SHUFFLING AND STACKING

This is a mental process which involves shuffling the deck until it feels clearer and lighter and / or re-ordering and stacking the deck.

I like to re-order and stack my deck, especially when I've used the cards a lot during the day. I leave the deck overnight in order and the next day do a big shuffle. The deck definitively feels refreshed after Air cleansing.

WATER: LUNAR ENERGY

The Moon is associated with feminine cleansing energy and is a powerful force. Lunar cleansing can be done at any moon phase but is most popular over full moon. Most simple way to let Lunar Energy to clear and rejuvenate your cards is to leave them overnight on a window sill.

EARTH: CRYSTAL ENERGY

You can place a crystal on the top of the deck to cleanse or protect the cards.

I do believe in the power of crystals and I like to use a Clear Quartz crystal for the Earth method. I also keep two small crystals in each tarot pouch.


I would recommend performing a cleansing ritual:
- Before using a deck for the first time
- When the deck has been dormant for a while
- When the messages from the cards become vague or unclear
- Between readings for others
- When the energy of deck begins to feel dense and heavy
- If feeling uncomfortable, irritated or experience any mood changes while using the
  cards
- Sudden loss of interest in a specific deck

Remember: 
The most important and powerful ingredient in performing any rituals is "intent".
Pure and clear intentions = positive results.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...